Shift Assist Problems

Diskutiere Shift Assist Problems im R 1200 GS LC und R 1200 GS Adventure LC Forum im Bereich Motorrad Modelle; 2016 R1200 GS I've been with my GS for a few years now. Generally a pretty perfect bike . The shift assist, when it works, is pretty perfect...
M

Mark-Hans

Themenstarter
2016 R1200 GS
I've been with my GS for a few years now. Generally a pretty perfect bike
The shift assist, when it works, is pretty perfect. Super useful, no banging helmets and goes up and down like butter. Love it.
But, those are the good days. Other days he just refuses to work or works sometime and then jams. Really annoying when you go to tuck your toe under the lever and nothing happens..
This story has been going on for nearly 3 years and now I want a fix....

It has been implied.... the shift unit needs cleaning. So, I removed the middle bolt from the unit and disconnected the gear lever.
Should be able to ease it off and then unplug it....

It seems very very firmly placed on the gear-lever shaft........... Has anyone got any good ideas how to get this off without breaking anything! ....

Some advice and direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

R

R1200GSRider

Modell
R1200GS LC 2016, Vespa GTS 300 HPE
2016 R1200 GS
I've been with my GS for a few years now. Generally a pretty perfect bike
The shift assist, when it works, is pretty perfect. Super useful, no banging helmets and goes up and down like butter. Love it.
But, those are the good days. Other days he just refuses to work or works sometime and then jams. Really annoying when you go to tuck your toe under the lever and nothing happens..
This story has been going on for nearly 3 years and now I want a fix....

It has been implied.... the shift unit needs cleaning. So, I removed the middle bolt from the unit and disconnected the gear lever.
Should be able to ease it off and then unplug it....

It seems very very firmly placed on the gear-lever shaft........... Has anyone got any good ideas how to get this off without breaking anything! ....

Some advice and direction would be appreciated. Thank you.
Hi, look at this manual to clean the gear lever
Probleme mit dem Schaltassistent
only cleaning, no grease!
The shift lever should return to its original position without resistance

M

Mark-Hans

Themenstarter
Well, it turned out to be very easy!. There was washer broken inside of the selector unit!

M

Mark-Hans

Themenstarter
D6E907C1-DDD5-488D-9AF0-3BD97BAA368A_1_105_c.jpeg

Solved. This washer was stuck under the shoe on the Right!...

M

Mark-Hans

Themenstarter
Thank you for the help and interesting links!...... sometimes a problem can be 'that' simple. Nothing got broken or damamged and I sealed the unit up with sealant (a tiny bit of it). Seems fine.

R

Rundreisender

Modell
F 750 GS, F 850 GS Adventure
I had quite similar issues, in my case the reason was, that the wire was broken, and the connection only worked sometimes. My BMW Motorrad dealer changed it for free (as it was quite a new bike).

M

Mark-Hans

Themenstarter
Someone wrote that the system is horrible. This is my answer.

You are completely wrong and have no experience with the “shift assist”. Please note that this is a “support” and not an acquisition. Changing gears only takes 1/5 of a second, so very, very fast. The motorcycle maintains its posture and the electronics ensure that the engine speed is adjusted when downshifting. Impressive and it works perfectly, especially in wet weather. No popping or loss of speed, just press the selector lever and it goes up or down seamlessly. Having ridden for 50 years now, it is the best update since ABS on motorcycles. Have fun!.......I love it.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
levoni

levoni

Modell
K50 2016 TB / SR500 / PX200
???

Jomar59

Jomar59

Modell
BMW R 1200 GS LC
ich verstehe auch nichts, deutsches Forum, deutsche Forumssprache, warum schreibt man da englisch?

Andi#87

Andi#87

Modell
R 1250 GSA 2019
Gute Frage..Schreib mal Deutsch in einem Ami Forum. Mal schauen wie viele Antworten Du bekommst

Andi#87

Andi#87

Modell
R 1250 GSA 2019
Streiche Amerikanisch und setze: englisch... Wobei das meine Aussage ich keiner Weise schmälert

levoni

levoni

Modell
K50 2016 TB / SR500 / PX200
Des englischen bin ich schon mächtig. Aber der Inhalt passt nicht zu dem was vorher geschrieben wurde.

M

Mark-Hans

Themenstarter
ich verstehe auch nichts, deutsches Forum, deutsche Forumssprache, warum schreibt man da englisch?
In einem internationalen Forum gibt es keine Einschränkung hinsichtlich der Sprache. Wir alle haben Google Translate. Seien Sie bitte etwas aufgeschlossener gegenüber anderen GS-Bikern.

M

Mark-Hans

Themenstarter
Thanks again for your time and comments. Problem `solved and working perfectly as it should!. Have a good week.

Thema:

Shift Assist Problems

Shift Assist Problems - Ähnliche Themen

• Umfrage: Wer würde Automatisierten Shift Assistent (ASA) kaufen?

Umfrage: Wer würde Automatisierten Shift Assistent (ASA) kaufen?: Hallo zusammen! Da der bald erhältliche automatisierte Schaltassistent von BMW ja nun etwas ganz Neues bei dieser Marke ist, hier mal eine...
  • Automatisierter Shift Assistent (ASA)

Automatisierter Shift Assistent (ASA): Das Geheimnis ist gelüftet… Mod edit: Shift Assistent
  • Biete F 750 GS / F 850 GS Reduzierter Preis - Central stand,Akrapovic exhaust,Smartphone cradle,Hand guards,shift lever

Reduzierter Preis - Central stand,Akrapovic exhaust,Smartphone cradle,Hand guards,shift lever: Selling various F850GS parts, exhaust also fits F750GS, smartphone cradle for various BMW - OEM central stand with all fixings - 150 EUR +...
  • Erfahrung shift assist R1250GS und F850GS etc.

Erfahrung shift assist R1250GS und F850GS etc.: Mittlerweile ist die 1250GS meine vierte BMW mit SA (3 K1600 davor) und auch zwischen den dreien gab es Unterschiede in der Leistung des SA. Bei...
  • Biete Sonstiges X-Lite X551 Shift N-Com Gr.L Farbe Weiß-Rot-Schwarz inkl. BX4Plus Bluetoothmodul

X-Lite X551 Shift N-Com Gr.L Farbe Weiß-Rot-Schwarz inkl. BX4Plus Bluetoothmodul: Hallo miteinander, verkaufe meinen gebrauchten, Mai 2014 gekauften, nur einige wenige Fahrten (bedingt durch Ausfall der Saison 2014 nach Unfall...
  • X-Lite X551 Shift N-Com Gr.L Farbe Weiß-Rot-Schwarz inkl. BX4Plus Bluetoothmodul - Ähnliche Themen

• Umfrage: Wer würde Automatisierten Shift Assistent (ASA) kaufen?

Umfrage: Wer würde Automatisierten Shift Assistent (ASA) kaufen?: Hallo zusammen! Da der bald erhältliche automatisierte Schaltassistent von BMW ja nun etwas ganz Neues bei dieser Marke ist, hier mal eine...
  • Automatisierter Shift Assistent (ASA)

Automatisierter Shift Assistent (ASA): Das Geheimnis ist gelüftet… Mod edit: Shift Assistent
  • Biete F 750 GS / F 850 GS Reduzierter Preis - Central stand,Akrapovic exhaust,Smartphone cradle,Hand guards,shift lever

Reduzierter Preis - Central stand,Akrapovic exhaust,Smartphone cradle,Hand guards,shift lever: Selling various F850GS parts, exhaust also fits F750GS, smartphone cradle for various BMW - OEM central stand with all fixings - 150 EUR +...
  • Erfahrung shift assist R1250GS und F850GS etc.

Erfahrung shift assist R1250GS und F850GS etc.: Mittlerweile ist die 1250GS meine vierte BMW mit SA (3 K1600 davor) und auch zwischen den dreien gab es Unterschiede in der Leistung des SA. Bei...
  • Biete Sonstiges X-Lite X551 Shift N-Com Gr.L Farbe Weiß-Rot-Schwarz inkl. BX4Plus Bluetoothmodul

X-Lite X551 Shift N-Com Gr.L Farbe Weiß-Rot-Schwarz inkl. BX4Plus Bluetoothmodul: Hallo miteinander, verkaufe meinen gebrauchten, Mai 2014 gekauften, nur einige wenige Fahrten (bedingt durch Ausfall der Saison 2014 nach Unfall...
  • Oben